Phoenix-area sustainable style resources
(New to secondhand? Read about the difference between thrift, vintage and consignment stores)
Consignment Stores (Women's Clothes)
- Clothes Mentor - three valley wide locations in Chandler, Avondale and Arrowhead
- High Society Resale Boutique - North Scottsdale
- My Sister's Closet- multiple locations throughout the valley
- Poor Little Rich Girl - Central Phoenix
- Urban Exchange - North Scottsdale
Consignment Stores (Men's clothes)
- Antique Sugar - eclectic vintage with a wide variety, has menswear as well
- Fashion by Robert Black - boutique experience with curated vintage
- Rare Scarf Vintage - glam vintage plus local artist designs
- Vintage by Misty- designer vintage with a focus on bohemian styles
Services (to help you make your items last!)
- Cobbler's Den - Shoe, handbag and luggage repair
- Hinrichsen Jewelers - Jewelry repair
- Valentina's Bridal and Tailor Shop - Seamstress/alterations - 1231 E. Northern Ave, Phoenix AZ 85020 Phone: 602-331-4309
- The Fit Alterations - Men's and Women's Tailoring and Alterations
- Citrine Natural Beauty Bar - locally owned, organic beauty products
- Arizona Humane Society Thrift Store - Accepts donations and also obtains its inventory from donations and items that do not sell at the Valley wide consignment store My Sister's Closet).
- Assistance League Thrift Boutique - Clean small, organized thrift store for men's, women's and children's clothes and household items. Assistance League works to improve the lives of children through philanthropic programs.
- The White Dove - Benefits Hospice of the Valley. Multiple locations around the valley. Small, well-curated boutique with high quality items for men and women.
- World Hunger Education, Advocacy & Training (WHEAT) - Clothes Silo - This store helps women entering the workplace by assisting them with their wardrobes. You can shop and donate at the Clothes Silo.
- Goodwill - available at multiple locations around Arizona and online at ShopGoodwill.com - this is Goodwill's auction site where you can shop for and bid on items all over the US.
Please note: I have shopped or consigned and done business with all of these businesses. This is a short list to refer to when you are looking for these types of stores and services. I am not working with any of these stores and was not asked to endorse or mention any of the stores in this post. All opinions here are my own.